The University of North Texas (UNT) is pleased to offer a number of Excellence Scholarships to freshmen with a record of academic success for the 2020/21 academic year.
The University of North Texas (UNT) is a public research university in Denton, Texas. The University is one of the nation’s largest universities in the United States. They offer 105 bachelor’s, 88 masters and 37 doctoral degree programs.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
Degree Level: Bachelor’s Program
Field: All subject areas
Value: Excellence Scholarships are in five categories:
President’s Scholarship- $10,000 per year for four years
Dean’s Scholarship- $8,000 per year for four years
North Texas Scholarship- $6,000 per year for four years
Eagle Scrappy Scholarship- $1,000 per year for four years
Place of Study: USA
Nationality: International students
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
To be eligible for UNT Excellence Scholarship consideration, a student must be:
- A first-time freshman admitted to UNT for the fall term immediately following high school graduation.
- Admitted by March 1, 2020. Students are advised to apply no later than February 1st to allow adequate time for processing.
- A full-time student taking a minimum of 12 UNT hours each fall and spring semester.
- Eligible non-Texas residents and international students are also considered for UNT Excellence Scholarships.
- Non-residents of Texas and international students who receive an Excellence Scholarship qualify for the in-state tuition rate for the fall, spring, and following summer terms.
Students admitted to UNT are automatically considered for UNT Excellence Scholarships. Qualifying students will receive notification via email.
Future students are to complete the General Scholarship Application and explore all scholarships offered by UNT. We also recommend that students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to fully consider other financial aid possibilities.
Application Materials: Academic transcripts, SAT scores