The University of Melbourne offers a suite of scholarships and grants for students undertaking overseas study as part of their undergraduate or graduate coursework course. Some scholarships are awarded on academic merit and others to assist students who are experiencing disadvantage circumstances.
The University of Melbourne, founded in 1853, is a public research university located in Melbourne, Australia. It is Australia’s second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria.
Degree Level: Undergraduate/ graduate Coursework Program
Field: All study areas
Value: Up to $6,000
Place of Study: Australia
Nationality: Australian / International students
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 2000
Admission Courses: All study areas
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be enrolled at the University of Melbourne in either an undergraduate degree or a graduate coursework degree
- intend to study overseas as part of a University of Melbourne Exchange or Fee-paying program or a University of Melbourne subject with an overseas component that will be credited towards your University of Melbourne degree
- apply for a Melbourne Mobility Award before commencement of the overseas study program
- have not received a Melbourne Mobility Award for overseas study that was part of your current course
- have not received a New Colombo Plan Grant for the same overseas program
- have not received a New Colombo Plan Grant or Endeavour Student Exchange Program funding that was part of your current course (applies to Lin Martin Global Scholarship only)
You must apply for the Melbourne Mobility Awards by completing the online application form before you depart Australia.
If you wish to apply for a scholarship on the basis of financial disadvantage, personal difficulties or disability or medical condition, you will be asked to provide supporting documents such as a Centrelink statement or medical certificates as part of the online application.
In completing an application for a Melbourne Mobility Award, you will be considered for all Melbourne Mobility Awards for which you are eligible. You do not need to apply for individual awards.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019