Sir Henry Wellcome Biomedical Science Postdoctoral Scholarships are offered to qualified postdoctoral researchers the opportunity to start independent research careers, working in some of the best research environments in the world. The fellowship provides an award of £300,000, including salary, fellowship supplement, and research expenses.
- Application Deadline: Preliminary application deadline: 15 April 2020, and Full application deadline: 23 June 2020
- Degree Level: Postdoctoral Research
- Fields: Biomedical Science
- Place of Study: UK or Overseas
- Nationality: A UK or European Economic Area national
- Number of Scholarships: not known
- Value:The fellowship provides an award of £300,000, including salary, fellowship supplement, and research expenses.
- Duration: 4 years
- Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowships are aimed at researchers who want to undertake a guided period of research and will go on to lead their own independent research.
- You must either be in the final year of your PhD studies or be an early-career researcher with some initial postdoctoral experience.
- Nationality: A UK or European Economic Area national( Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech, Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and UK)
- You should have started to make important contributions to your area of research, eg publications, patents, software development or an impact on policy.
- You must have an eligible sponsoring organisation in the UK or Republic of Ireland that will administer the fellowship for the full duration of the award.
The mode of applying is online.