The Mahmoud S. Rabbani Postgraduate Scholarship is open to Arab students who have been officially accepted into a Master’s or Ph.D program in the Netherlands or for Dutch students who have been accepted into a Master’s or Ph.D program in the Arab World.
The goal of this grant, besides fostering interaction between Arab and European students, is to provide the means for students seeking to broaden their own horizons.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2020
- Degree Level: Masters/ PhD
- Fields: All
- Place of Study: Netherlands
- Nationality: Arab students
- Number of Scholarships: 40
- Value: The maximum amount of an MSR scholarship is €15,000
Candidates must be nationals of any of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen, or Sudan. Applications coming from the Netherlands should be by Dutch nationals.
- The scholarship is open to Arab students who have received an official acceptance letter for a Master’s or a Ph.D programme in the Netherlands and to Dutch students who have received an official acceptance letter for a Master’s or a Ph.D programme in the Arab World.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of English and/or of the language of study if that is not English is necessary.
- Necessary documents are:
- Motivation and purpose statement (in English);
- Curriculum Vitae (in English);
- Copy of passport plus an additional current passport photo in colour;
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts (with English translation)
- Two signed references from either academic or professional referees;
- Letter of acceptance from Host University in the Netherlands;
- An official course description of the programme offered by the Host University;
- Budget: please provide a detailed financial overview including tuition fees and living expenses, as well as other sources of income to cover your study in the Netherlands for the academic year you are applying. The maximum amount that may be awarded is € 15,000 for the academic year.
- Signed and dated MSR Scholarship Application Form
Please proceed to the Submission Portal to submit all the necessary documents here.