The Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship is now open for the 2020/2021 academic year.These fellowships are open to the applicants who are non-Japanese nationality holding a doctorate degree.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2020
- Fields: Natural Science, Engineering and Medicine
- Benefits: Stipend for research and stay, Insurance, Air transportation (a round-trip air ticket to/from Tokyo) and Lump sum on arrival
- Place of Study: Japan
- Nationality: Non-Japanese nationality
- Number of Scholarships: 20
- Duration: Three to Six Months
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality; a Doctorate degree; must be 49 years old or under; not have been in Japan previously; have firm positions and professions in their home nations; etc.
Applicants must also must possess enough abilities in Japanese or English languages.
- Applicants should obtain the current issue of the Fellowship Announcement from MIF or download the announcement from the MIF’s website and print out the Application Form in PDF-format or MS Word file.
- MIF cannot entertain requests for waivers of the eligibility requirements and other conditions, listed in the Fellowship Announcement, and will not accommodate such requests.
- The application must be submitted from the applicant’s home country.
- MIF accepts those submitted by post. Those applications submitted electronically or via facsimile will be unacceptable.
- Application documents include:
- Application Form
- The Research Project
- A reprint of the most significant publication by the applicant
- Personal History (Curriculum Vitae)
- A letter of recommendation by the applicant’s employer printed out on the home institution’s letterhead
- Certified copies for all the academic certificates/diplomas (for Ph.D., MA/MS/MD, BA/BS) issued by the relevant institutions
- A letter of invitation signed by the professor/scholar-in-charge at the host institution printed out on the host institution’s letterhead
- All of the following documents should be in A4 size and be submitted all together in one package by postal mail. The documents are not to be bound into a book.
- All documents must be type-written. Hand-written documents are not basically accepted unless the adequate reason is recognized by MIF. Documents must be written in English and in English only.