The British Academy and Royal Society are offering Newton International fellowships to researchers who wish to undertake a postdoctoral research programme at UK research institutions.
These fellowships are for non-UK scientists who are at an early stage of their research career and wish to conduct research in the UK.
- Application Deadline: March 26, 2020
- Degree Level: Postdoctoral research programme
- Fields: Physical, natural and social sciences and the humanities
- Place of Study: UK
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: 40
To be eligible to apply you must:
- have a PhD, or will have a PhD by the time the funding starts
- have no more than 7 years of active full time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry)
- be working outside the UK
- not hold UK citizenship
- be competent in oral and written English
- have a clearly defined and mutually-beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist
The mode of applying is online.
Benefits: The Newton International Fellowships provide funding for two years, covering:
- subsistence, at a fixed rate of £24,000 per annum
- research expenses
- relocation expenses
- contribution to overheads at UK Host Organisation