The Southbank International School is inviting international students for its International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. The scholarships are a two-year award, dependent on a student’s sustained performance and progression, beginning in Grade 11 and finishing in Grade 12, when the students graduate.
The Southbank International School is a co-educational independent school in the City of Westminster, Kensington and Hampstead, London, England. It is an international school for 3 to 18 year olds, from Early childhood to Key Stage 5.
Application Deadline: End of January 2020
Degree Level: Diploma
Value: The scholarship awards cover up 100% of the school’s tuition fees and up to 50% of the school’s capital development fees for the duration of the scholarship programmes.
Place of Study: UK
Nationality: All countries
Number of Scholarships: Two
Eligible Countries: International students
Admission Courses: All study areas
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Above average academic achievement and potential;
- Evidence of extra-curricular interests and activities;
- Commitment to Southbank and to the International Baccalaureate curriculum;
- Commitment to qualities and behaviours consistent with the IB Learner Profile;
- High standard of academic English (applicants will be required to take an online English test).
- A Personal Statement outlining your reasons for applying and why you believe you should be selected for the scholarship
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae
- Student Essays – Two handwritten essays (max 500 words each) with the following titles: “How can good come out of a bad experience?” and “What I hope to offer as a student to Southbank International School”
- Three teacher references – one from the student’s Math teacher, one from the Science teacher and one from the English teacher using Southbank’s official online form
- School reports – from the last 2 years, translated into English if applicable and combined in pfd.
- Any relevant supporting documents – this can include test results, educational psychologist reports, medical information, special learning needs, assessment results, etc
- Scanned copy of passport
Where English is not your mother tongue, you will be sent a link to an online English test for you to complete, unassisted, during the week commencing 28th January 2019