Swansea University Fully Funded PhD Scholarships are open to UK and EU applicants with a degree (ideally masters) in the Physical Sciences or Engineering.
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. The University community thrives on exploration an discovery, and offers the right balance of excellent teaching and research, matched by a good quality of life.
- Application Deadline: March 25, 2020
- Degree Level: PhD
- Fields: Batteries, Characterization, Energy storage, Low carbon research
- Award: Full tuition fees
- Place of Study: UK
- Nationality: UK/EU
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
- Candidates should hold a minimum of upper second class (2:1) honours degree (or its equivalent) in engineering, physical science or similar relevant discipline.
- Electronic device fabrication experience and an understanding of microelectronics are highly desirable.
- Swansea University normally expects the academic and English Language requirements (IELTS 6.5 overall with 5.5+ in each component) to be met by point of application. For details on the University’s English Language entry requirements, please visit – http://www.swansea.ac.uk/admissions/english-language-requirements/
- Candidates should be highly motivated and wishing to develop their skills and work with industry to improve the impact of their work, whilst producing high quality academic output.
To apply, please complete and submit the following to Dr Jenny Baker (J.Baker@swansea.ac.uk):
- Two minute video why they want to apply for this post
- College of Engineering PGR Scholarship Application
- Covering letter
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Two written References (academic or professional)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Form