The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM.
The scholarship is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021
Degree Level: Full-time Master’s program
- Living expenses:€ 12,350 (13 months) or € 23,750 (25 months)
- Health & liability insurance:€ 700
- Visa application costs:€ 171
- Tuition fees:€ 13,800; € 15,500 or € 16,800 depending on the tuition of your study programme
- Pre-Academic Training costs: € 695
Place of Study: Netherland
Nationality: Students from outside EU/EEA
Number of Scholarships: 24
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please click here for a full list of the Master’s programmes participating in this scholarship programme.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2021.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2020-2021 scholarship programme applicants.
To qualify for a scholarship, students must first register for one of the participating master’s programs at Maastricht University. After receiving an offer to study at the University, candidates will be automatically considered for the scholarship.
Application Materials: Curriculum vitae, Letter of motivation, Proof of academic excellence and the contact details of one referee.