The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of €29.000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM.
The scholarship is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
Application Deadline: February 10, 2020
Degree Level: Full-time Master’s program
Place of Study: Netherland
Nationality: Students from outside EU/EEA
Number of Scholarships: 24
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please click here for a full list of the Master’s programmes participating in this scholarship programme.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2020.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2020-2021 scholarship programme applicants.
Amount of the UM Holland-High Potential programme 2020-2021
|g expenses||€ 12,350* (13 months) or € 23,750* (25 months)||Paid to students by the UM International Services Desk|
|Health & liability insurance||€ 700*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Visa application costs||€ 171*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Tuition fees||€ 13,800; € 15,500 or € 16,800 depending on the tuition of your study programme||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Pre-Academic Training costs||€ 695*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
Register for one of the participating Master’s programmes at Maastricht University.
Application Materials: Curriculum vitae, Letter of motivation, Proof of academic excellence and the contact details of one referee.