Ghent University Special Doctoral Research Fund is open to Belgian and International students for eligible doctoral programs.
With support from its “Special Research Fund” (BOF), Ghent University wishes to support university research groups or research centers in developing countries in their aim to grow into excellent research centers by upgrading local academic personnel.
Ghent University, established in 1817, is a public research university located in Ghent, Belgium .
- Application Deadline: February 4, 2021
- Degree Level: PhD Research
- Fields: Any Field
- Place of Study: Belgium
- Nationality: Developing Countries
- Number of Scholarships: Varies
- Value: The Ghent University promoter receives a bench fee of € 310/per month of research in Ghent + € 8000 travel budget to cover (part of) the operational costs, as well as part of the travelling costs of the student and both the Ghent University and the local promoter..
- Duration: 24 months
- Candidates need to come from – and have the nationality of – a developing country (see country list)
- The proposals must be jointly submitted by a candidate, a supervisor (promoter) at Ghent University and a supervisor at the partner university (South)
- No restrictions are imposed on the field of research, nevertheless preference will be given to topics that are relevant for development
- Only degree students (students who intend to obtain a (joint ) PhD degree at Ghent University) are welcome to apply. Exchange students cannot apply for this scholarship
- Ghent university wants to encourage more female researchers to apply for this scholarship. That is why a Ghent University supervisor can support maximum 2 candidates per call on condition they are of a different gender.
The application has to be submitted electronically to BOFapplication@ugent.be