The 2020 JAUW International Fellowship Program welcomes applications from Non-Japanese women.
The program, initiated by the Japanese Association of University Woman (JAUW), allows promising researchers/graduate students in any field to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute etc. in Japan.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020
Subject: All subject areas
Value: Between 500,000 and 1,000,000 yen
Place of Study: Japan
Nationality: Non-Japanese students
Number of Scholarships: Up to two awards
The scholarship will be awarded to applicants based on the following criteria:
- Applicants must be of non-Japanese women in the age below 45.
- Applicants must live outside Japan at the time of application.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree or above.
- Applicants need to identify an institution/university in Japan where to conduct research.They need to have contacted and obtained a consent from a host at the identified institution/university before application. JAUW won’t extend any help regarding this matter.
- Applicants must submit application forms according to the Instructions.
Applicants must submit a completed Personal Registration Information (Electronic Data Format) downloadable from http://www.jauw.org/english/e_index.html to JAUW by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, applicants must prepare a full set of the Application Documents specified in the table below, and send them in a single package to JAUW by postal mail: International Fellowship Committee, Japanese Association of University Women 11-6-101 Samoncho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0017, JAPAN
Applicants must use the designated forms for Application Form Part 1 & 2 and the Electronic Data Format, all of which can be downloaded from http://www.jauw.org/english/e_index.html.
Application Materials: 5 copies of Application Form part 1 ( personal Data), 5 copies of Application Form part 2 (Proposal & Related Data), recommendation letters with sign and e-mail address from different individuals, a medical certificate of health issued by a qualified medical doctor stating in English that you are healthy enough to conduct your study in Japan for the proposed period, a photo, 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm, of yourself to be put on one of the Application Form Part 1, a copy of a letter of a letter of acceptance/confirmation/invitation written