Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
Applications are invited for The Bilateral Wits-TUB Urban Lab Postgraduate Scholarship Programme. The programme supported by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) seeks to improve graduate education in urban fields across sub-Saharan Africa.
Degree Level: Master degree programme
The masters scholarships apply to the following 1 year full time degrees at Wits University in Johannesburg, supported by a bilateral programme with TU Berlin:
- MSc Development Planning (MSc DP)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Sustainable Energy Efficient Cities – MUS (SEEC)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Housing and Human Settlements – MUS (HHS)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Politics and Governance (MUS – UPG)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Management – MUS (US)
Place of Study: South Africa
Number of Scholarships: 5
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (living expenses including: subsistence expences, accommodation, other costs)
- Travel from home country/ place of origin is covered.
- Costs of Summer/Spring School in Berlin
Eligible Countries: South African citizens and Citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa
Scholarships are open to :
• South African citizens
• Citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa
• Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications to be granted the scholarship. There is no age limit applying to the scholarships for study purposes. However, at the time of the application, no more than 6 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/her previous bachelor or master studies. All scholarship applicants must have applied for admission to the relevant degree (as per above list) at Wits University and be in possession of a ‘person number’ which is issued by Wits University upon application for admission into a degree.
English Language Requirements: The University of the Witwatersrand is an English medium university. International students from non-English speaking countries must provide proof of English proficiency. Please refer to the URL above for further information.
How To Apply:
This is a separate application in addition to the Degree Programme application.
Once an application for admission into the degree has been submitted, the candidate can proceed to complete the bursary application form which is either attached or can be downloaded from https://www. wits.ac.za/archplan/postgraduatebursaries/
The ‘person number’ that is issued once you apply for admission to a masters degree at Wits University must be included in this form. Forms without the ‘person number’ will not be considered. Applications not using this form, or not adhering to its instructions will not be considered.
Only scholarship applications of those whose applications for admission into the degree was successful will be considered.