University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship welcomes applications from international students who can demonstrate excellent academic achievement and the potential to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
- Application Deadline: Anytime
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate ( Taught), Postgraduate (Research)
- Fields: Any
- Place of Study: New Zealand
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: 40
- Value: Up to NZD$10,000 towards tuition fees
- International students are eligible for the program
- Eligible Subjects: Any field
- Applicants must be intending to enrol at University of Waikato for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree and must have received a conditional or unconditional Offer of Place from the university.
You must apply for and receive an offer to study an undergraduate or a postgraduate degree before applying for this scholarship.
When you have received your offer to study University of Waikato, you will be able to apply through the scholarships section of from the application system, MyWaikato portal .
- Candidates will need to provide a personal statement that sets out the following:
- What are your career goals/aspirations?
- How will international education experience help you to achieve these goals?
- What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this Scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application.
- Evidence of some previous tertiary study