The University of Hamburg, via its degree completion grants, supports international students on their way to the successful completion of their degrees. These grants are available for international students who want to pursue a degree level course in Germany but lack the financial capacity to do so.
Degree completion grants are usually awarded for 6 months. If the final examination is not completed within the 6-month period, an extension may be requested. The maximum funding period is 12 months.
The University of Hamburg, founded on 28 March 1919, is a comprehensive university in Hamburg, Germany. The university is the biggest research and education institution in Northern Germany and one of the most extensive universities in Germany.
Funding: The monthly amount of funding ranges between €200 and a maximum of €720.
Eligible Countries: All countries except Germany
Eligibility Criteria: Persons entitled to funding are students who:
- are enrolled at Universität Hamburg
- are not German citizens;
- are not eligible for BAföG (federal student loan scheme);
- are preparing for or are in the final examination phase of their studies;
- have no financial support during this phase (proof required).
International students studying fee-based degree programs are eligible for this grant in exceptional cases, but they will not have priority in the selection procedure.
Application Procedure: The mode of applying is online.
Application Materials: Online applications require the following documents:
- reason for your application
- schedule detailing all steps leading to your final examination
- an evaluation from the supervisor of your final thesis
You must upload these documents to the online application portal.
Deadline: December 1, 2019