Application Deadline: September 14, 2018
The Prestigious Wellcome Trust International Strategic Support Fund (ISSF) at Queen’s University Belfast is offering opportunities to candidates in foundation years of their postdoctoral careers in either ophthalmology or respiratory disease.
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland, with a distinguished heritage and history. The university has over 24,000 students, 3,700 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral research.
Field: Fellowships are awarded to study clinical and biomedical research.
Value: The salary scale for the post is £32,548- £38,833 per annum(potential to progress to £42,418 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution) and generous funding is available to assist with research start-up costs.
Place of Study: UK
Number of Fellowships :up to 5 fellowships are available
Eligible Countries: All
1. A relevant degree with a PhD completed in a relevant subject.
2. Specific expertise in either of the strategic research areas ophthalmology or respiratory.
3. Up to 4 years relevant post PhD experience.
4. Evidence of significant contribution to the chosen area of research, e.g. publications, patents, software development or an
impact on policy.
5. Research interests that are sustainable and which would enhance and complement the research strategy of the University.
6. Experience of developing research methodologies and devising models, approaches, critiques and methods.
7. Ability to contribute to the wider administration and management processes of the University.
8. Sufficient breadth and knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative research methods and techniques relevant to the type of
9. Experience, achievement and growing reputation in the discipline.
10. Strong analytical capability.
11. Ability to contribute to the University’s outreach programmes.
12. Ability to communicate complex information effectively.
13. Ability to manage resources.
14. Ability to work independently with a high level of self-motivation while working as part of a wider team.
1. Record of research funding, either project or individual postdoctoral.
2. Ability to secure grants or contracts independently or as a leader of a team in major projects.
3. Teaching and supervision experience within subject area.
4. Ability to lead and manage research projects, including managing budgets, as appropriate.
5. Ability to manage and motivate staff.
6. Ability to devise, advise on and manage research programmes.
7. Experience of supervisory role in research projects of undergraduate and post graduate students.
8. Ability to supervise work of others in research team.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level by the university.
Application: ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
For more information, you may visit the official website.