Macquarie University in Australia is pleased to offer its international Research Training Program Scholarships(iRTP) and additional International Macquarie Research Excellence Scholarships(iMQRES) to top achieving applicants.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2018
The Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarship (MQRES) scheme is a Doctoral (PhD) scholarship program that aims to support exceptional research students enrolled in research priority areas aligned with the University’s Strategic Research Framework 2015 to 2024 World – Leading Research with World – Changing Impact, as well as the broader University.
All successful iRTP applicants for a PhD will receive 3 years of tuition fee coverage and a travel allowance (applied to the OPAL travel card). Successful MPhil candidates receive funding for 2 years. Additionally, successful iRTP applicants will receive a stipend (living allowance), currently valued at $27,082 pa, tax exempt (2018 rate). Applicants applying for admission to PhD, who are (counter) offered entry to MRes Year 2 with a provisional 3-year PhD and who rank competitively for scholarship, may be offered a scholarship to cover their MRes Year 2 program. The fully internally funded iMQRES, offers the same stipend plus tuition fees for up to 3 years for students enrolling in 2019.
Eligible Countries: All citizens of countries other than Australian/ New Zealand
Language Requirements: Evidence of proficiency in English Language should be provided by Applicants whose first language is not English.
Awards will only be available to applicants who:
- Are citizens of countries other than Australian/New Zealand, and not Australian Permanent Residents.
- Have already completed, or expect to complete in 2018 a research master’s degree
- Are enrolling as full-time students
- Will undertake a Masters of Philosophy or Doctorate in 2019.
- Scholarship holders must reside in Sydney, Australia during their award tenure, unless on approved overseas research leave.
Awards will not be available to those who:
- Are receiving another equivalent or major award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed program
- Have already completed a research Doctoral degree or its equivalent
- Have already completed a higher degree in research at the same level or at a higher level than the proposed candidature
- Provide false or misleading information to the University. Where there is reason to believe this condition has not been upheld, the University reserves the right to reassess the student’s entitlement to the award.
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online. For more information, click here