Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
For the academic year 2019/2020, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) will grant several partial scholarships, depending on the quality of the applicants, for selected students from non-EEA countries who are not entitled to pay the EEA tuition fee and whose grades in their previous programmes are considered ‘excellent’.
Degree Level: Master Programme
Field: Prospective students from all non-EEA countries, starting their studies in the academic year 2019/2020 of the following MSc programmes, can apply:
- Accounting & Financial Management
- Business Information Management
- Finance & Investments
- Finance & Investments Advanced
- Global Business & Sustainability
- Human Resource Management
- International Management/CEMS
- Management of Innovation
- Marketing Management
- Master in Management
- Organisational Change & Consulting
- Strategic Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Management
- Supply Chain Management
In principle, a fair distribution of scholarships over the various MSc programmes will take place. This principle may be deviated from and priority may be given to applicants for certain MSc programmes.
Host Country: Netherlands
Value: For the scholarship, no actual transmission of money takes place. The scholarship part will be subtracted from the full non-EEA tuition fee (€ 18,000) before the start of the academic year 2019/2020, enabling you to immediately pay the reduced tuition fee; either at once or in instalments;
Number of Scholarships: Several partial scholarships are available
Eligible Countries: All non-EEA students are eligible to apply. The school may strive for a certain distribution over the continents. The school may give preference to students with one of the following nationalities:
- African (all countries)
- Excellence for applicants with a Bachelor of Science from Dutch universities is proven if the average grade over the entire programme at the time of application is at least 8.0/10. Additionally, a GMAT score of at least 700 is required – also for applicants from schools and/or programmes exempt for GMAT for admission;
- Excellence for applicants with a Bachelor of Science from non-Dutch universities is proven if the average grade over the entire programme at the time of application is at least the equivalent of the Dutch grade of 8.0 on the Dutch grading scale 1 – 10. The Scholarship Committee will decide on the local grade equivalents for the Dutch grade of 8.0 using the grade information included in (a.o.) the Nuffic country modules. Additionally, a GMAT score of at least 700 is required;
- Only students who are not recipients of any other scholarships exceeding the amount of € 5,000 in total in that same academic year can apply for the scholarship;
- By accepting this scholarship you agree to assist the RSM Recruitment and Admissions Office in the role of an Ambassador with promotional and support activities for approximately 8 hours per month during the academic year;
- By accepting this scholarship you agree to start your visa procedure before 1 June 2019. RSM holds the right to cancel your scholarship if you have not started your visa procedure and holds the right to offer the scholarship to a student on the scholarship waiting list.
First step is to register for the Master programme in ONLINE REGISTRATION link below. Once you have registered yourself, you will receive a link to our Online Application Form (OLAF).
It is not possible to choose for a specific scholarship in OLAF. RSM will choose recipients for specific scholarships. RSM will take your scholarship application into consideration as long as you meet the minimum requirements and meet the deadline(s).
In OLAF you are required to upload a scholarship application letter. The application letter (max 1 A4 size page) should include the following information:
- an explanation why you would need a scholarship, comprising a description of the students financial situation;
- an explanation why you would deserve a scholarship, comprising a description of academic excellence and if applicable other merits;
- if applicable: scanned copies of other scholarships granted (later on you will be asked to provide a certified copy);
Please note that we can only take the scholarship application into consideration when it is complete and meets all of the requirements. This includes a minimum GMAT test score of 700, sufficient English test results and a scholarship application letter.