Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
The Biocatalyst group, University of Amsterdam is currently offering a Postdoctoral position for 15 months to work on an exciting research programme, which was funded by the European Research Council (ERC) – BioSusAmin and the Dutch national Sector Plan on Physics and Chemistry (Sectorplan Natuur- en Scheikunde).
The Biocatalysis group is part of the Sustainable Chemistry theme, which is a Research Prority Area (RPA) of the University of Amsterdam. In general, the RPAs represent the excellence of UvA in terms of research and worldwide recognition.
Degree Level: PhD
Field:Biocatalysis & Synthetic Biochemistry
Host Country: Netherlands
Duration: 15 months
Value: €2,709 to €4,274 gross per month
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Eligible Countries: International students
A PhD degree in biochemistry or industrial biotechnology. If you expect to complete your PhD by the end of March 2019 we will consider your application;
– You must possess a well-documented research experience in more of the following sub-disciplines (ideally all):
- biocatalysis and biotransformation with microbial whole cells,
- gene cloning and analysis,
- capability to modify/design gene constructs for the co-expression of proteins,
- knowledge of standard analytical chemical techniques (GC, HPLC);
– the ability to collaborate and adapt in an international team;
– good communication skills in oral and written EnglishE
The UvA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value a spirit of enquiry and endurance, provide the space to keep asking questions and cherish a diverse atmosphere of curiosity and creativity.
Due to limitations in recruitment budget we will preferably consider candidates that are currently in Europe.
You may send in your application using the link below.
Please upload the following information in a single PDF file (not zipped):
- cover letter/letter of motivation (at most 1 page), why did you choose to apply for this position;
- curriculum vitae, including list of publications;
- the names and contact details (email and telephone numbers) of two academic references.