Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
Applications are invited for the UM Macao PhD Scholarship .The scholarship was established by the University of Macau (UM) in 2018, which aims at attracting excellent students in the world to pursue their PhD programmes in the UM.
Degree Level: PhD
Fields: All subjects available at University of Macau
Place of Study: Macao, China
Number of Scholarships: Not known
- The MPDS provides each awardee of the Scholarship (awardee) with a monthly stipend of MOP20,000 and a conference and research related travel allowance1 of MOP10,000 per academic year for a period up to four years.
- Tuition and/or any other kinds of fees that may incur during the course of studies of the awardee will not be covered by the Scholarship.
Eligible Countries: All
- Those who are seeking admission as new full-time PhD students in the UM, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- Bachelor or master students from reputable schools (e.g., top 200 universities of any recognized world university rankings or Project 985/211 universities in Mainland China are preferable).
While academic excellence is of principal consideration, the Selection Panels will take into account, but not limited to, the following criteria for the selection of candidates:
- Academic excellence;
- Research potential and ability;
- Innovation skills;
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities.
How To Apply:
- Applicants are required to select full-time PhD programmes of the UM. They are required to submit application for the MPDS directly to the UM at the time when they submit application for admission.
- Applicants are required to fully comply with the admission requirements of their selected programmes.
- Candidates not selected for the MPDS award are eligible for regular PhD admission.