Application Deadline: September 2, 2018
The Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology is offering a three-year PhD fellowship in Pharmacovigilance. The PhD fellowship is financed by the Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology and the Novo Nordisk Foundation.
Degree Level: Fellowship to pursue PhD programme
Place of Study: Denmark
Number of Fellowships: One
Duration: 3 years
Eligible Countries: International students
- Obtained a Master degree in pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, medicine, public health, statistics or a related area prior to the starting date.
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with a background in pharmaceutical sciences or another subject area related to this project. Previous practical experience with quantitative research within pharmaceutical sciences, drug utilisation, pharmacovigilance or pharmacoepidemiology will be considered strong assets for the candidate. Broad knowledge of medicines, pharmacotherapy and adverse effects, and knowledge of healthcare register data will be considered an advantage. The preferred candidate should also have experience with statistical analysis software such as SAS or Stata. The candidate should be enthusiastic about working in a collaborative research environment and be genuinely interested in pharmacovigilance and pharmacoepidemiology. A supervisor team will be connected to the PhD project, but the candidate is expected to be able to work independently on the project and contribute with ideas to the project and to the research plan.
- Conduct an independent research project under supervision.
- Write scientific articles and the PhD thesis on the grounds of your research project.
- Complete PhD courses or other equivalent education corresponding to approx. 30 ECTS points.
- Obtain experience with teaching or other types of dissemination related to your PhD project.
- Participate in the undergraduate teaching of students in pharmaceutical sciences.
- Participate in national and international congresses and scientific meetings.
- Stay at an external research institution, preferably abroad.
- Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD programme.
- Relevant work experience.
- Previous publications.
- Experience with conducting independent quantative research using statistical software.
- The grade point average achieved.
- Other professional activities.
- Language skills.
- The successful applicant is also required to be enterprising and to possess good interpersonal skills.
Formal requirements :
The position is available for a 3-year period for applicants holding a relevant master’s degree.
English Language Criteria: The applicant must also be fluent in English.
- Cover letter: Letter stating the interest in and qualifications for the project (max. one page).
- Full CV.
- Diploma and transcripts of records: Master’s degree diploma (including grade transcripts for bachelor’s and master’s degrees). Applicants with a Master’s degree from abroad should also enclose a short description of the grading scale used.
- Possible publication list.
- Other information to consider: Possible references and recommendations.