This new two year part-time Masters programme, taught entirely online, is jointly offered by the University of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, and leads to the degree of Master of Surgery (ChM).
The ChM is designed to support advanced ophthalmology trainees in the UK and internationally through a curriculum which recognises their subspecialist ophthalmic interests in preparation for exit examination and hospital-based practice.
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2020
- Degree Level: Maters
- Fields: Clinical Ophthalmology
- Nationality: International
- Number of Scholarships: not known
- Value: Each scholarship will cover the tuition fee for the entire programme of study and funding towards a laptop and internet service
- Duration: 2 years
- Mode of Study: Part-time online
- International students are eligible for the award
- The scholarships will be awarded to students who are accepted for admission on to the online learning Master of Surgery (ChM) in Clinical Ophthalmology at the University of Edinburgh, one of the Edinburgh Surgery Online suite of Masters programmes.
- Applicants should be advanced trainees/residents/registrars in ophthalmology.
- A copy of your CV
- A letter of support : Include a letter of support for your scholarship application from your Ophthalmology Educational/ Training Programme Supervisor or Director in your locality. It is important to us that our scholars are supported in their workplace whilst studying with us
- A personal statement (maximum 500 words) : your reason for applying for the Masters programme ; how undertaking this course of study will benefit your career, and how you envisage this course enhancing your working practices to transform ophthalmology services in your country to improve eyecare .