Application Deadline: July 30, 2018
The Organization of American States (OAS) and the Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB), with the support of the Division of Educational Topics of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Brazil, and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) through the OAS Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC OAS-GCUB), have decided to support university level students of the Americas, through academic scholarships for Master’s and Doctoral programs, duly recommended by the Brazilian Ministry of Education (MEC), offered by Brazilian universities associated with GCUB.
Degree Level: Master or Doctoral programme
Study Subject: Any of the subjects offered by the universities.
- Full tuition waiver (program cost).
- Partial monthly stipend for living expenses, taking as reference the value of CAPES as the minimum. (Covered by host universities).
NOTE: The monthly stipend DOES NOT intend to cover all living expenses, the student must be prepared and have the necessary funding to complement all living expenses.
- A one-time grant of $1,200 USD to be disbursed once the student arrives at the university, to the first 150 ranked candidates.
- Free Portuguese language support.
- The benefits are available for up to 24 months for Master’s and 48 months for Doctorate degrees.
Place of Study: Brazil
Number of Scholarships : Over 500 scholarships
Eligible Countries: citizens of OAS Member States.
- Applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of any OAS Member States except from Brazil*.
- Applicants must not have received other academic scholarships from the OAS or from Brazil for the same level of studies as that for which they want to apply.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) to apply to a Master’s and/or a Doctorate program.
- There is no Portuguese language requirement at the application stage. Those selected to receive the scholarship must show proof of superior intermediate level of Portuguese before completing their studies in Brazil.
- Applications will only be accepted through the online Scholarship Application Form Brazil Scholarships PAEC OAS-GCUB. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for the candidate selection process.
- Applicants must read, understand and accept the Announcement in its entirety.
- The language of instruction is Portuguese. However, study programs may offer academic disciplines and activities in other languages.
- Proficiency in Portuguese or English will not be a requirement for any candidate during the application stage.
- All Brazil PAEC OAS-GCUB scholarship recipients must prove a minimum level of Portuguese equal to Superior Intermediate, through the Certificado de Proficiência em Língua Portuguesa para Estrangeiros (CELPE-BRAS)1 or equivalent certification at the discretion of the university, until the defense of the dissertation or thesis.
- Once enrolled in the institution, the Brazil PAEC OAS-GCUB scholarship recipient must comply with all the requirements related to proficiency in languages.
- Read the scholarship announcement, requirements, benefits, responsibilities and the basis for Brazil Scholarship Program.
- Review the list of study programs and Brazilian universities participating in this program
- Select up to three (3) study programs for master’s or doctoral degrees*. Each one of those programs must be in different universities located in different regions in Brazil.
*One of the main objectives of the OAS-GCUB scholarship program is to promote the internationalization and mobilization of students of the Americas to different Brazilian regions. Therefore, the program is designed to favor the equitable distribution of students among participating Brazilian universities. Additionally, applying to three different regions will increase the chances of receiving a scholarship offer from one of the selected institutions, as the number of scholarship openings per university is limited.
- Gather all the application documents required. We recommend beginning this process as early as possible since some universities close for vacations.
- Fill out completely the Application Form for the Brazil Scholarship PAEC OEA-GCUB 2018, attaching the required application documents. Keep in mind that the system will only be open and receiving applications until 23:59 of the closing date (Washington, D.C. local time)
- The documents required and submitted in the Application Form for the Brazil Scholarship PAEC OEA-GCUB 2018 will be shared with the universities for the admission process of each study program. It is not necessary that the student apply for admission directly with the universities.
- Wait for the publication of results with the list of selected candidates for the scholarship.
For more information, you may visit the official website.