Application Deadline: August 10, 2018
DairyNZ Masters Scholarships are awarded to New Zealand students at Massey University, Lincoln University and the University of Waikato. The scholarships offer a tremendous prospect to kick start a career in R&D. On completion of a Master’s degree in farm system, it is expected that scholars will apply for employment opportunities at DairyNZ as either Doctoral Students studying specilialist dairy science fields or as Graduate Developers.
Scholars will be able to fast track their Masters by undertaking their project while completing course requirements taking just 18 months to complete their degree ( or 12 months for scholars that have already completed Honours)
Degree Level: Master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to students with a strong career motivation for dairy research and development.
Value: $30,000 p.a plus tuition fees
Place of Study: New Zealand
Number of Scholarships : Up to 3
Eligible Country: Applicants from New Zealand
- Applicants must be in their final year of, or completed, a bachelor degree in science, agricultural science, agricultural business or economics
- Be eligible to enroll in a Master degree majoring in science, agricultural science, or agricultural business, at a New Zealand university
- Be either a New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident
- Applicants must be willing to relocate, if required, to Hamilton, Palmerston North or Lincoln (determined by research locality), and be situated at a DairyNZ office
- The scholarship is available for up to 1.5 years and covers the annual tuition fees plus $30,000 p.a.
The scholarships will be awarded based on:
- A strong motivation to progress in dairy R&D.
- Proof of existing connections and activity within the dairy industry.
- Academic merit.
- Evidence of leadership skills and critical thinking ability.
How to Apply:
Applications open annually on June 1st, and close August 10th; any application received outside of this period will not be accepted for consideration.
Email the completed application (see form at the bottom of this page) to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with supporting documents; if not available by closing date, academic results can be forwarded after August 10th on condition that the initial application is received in time.
All applications are acknowledged by email.