Application Deadline: December 12, 2019
Lambert Initiative is offering PhD Scholarships to international students. The Lambert Initiative, based at the University of Sydney’s Brain and Mind Centre, is committed to advancing cannabinoid-based treatments in mainstream medicine.
Lambert Initiative is Australia’s first research group dedicated to harnessing medicinal cannabinoids to target a range of conditions including paediatric epilepsy, cancer, chronic pain, obesity, neurological, neurodegenerative and mental health disorders.
Degree Level: PhD programme
Fields: Lambert Initiative seek to support a wide range of first-year PhD projects that involve the development and evaluation of cannabis-based treatments across the following areas:
- preclinical and/or clinical
- medicinal and/or analytical chemistry
- high throughput screening
- animal and cellular models of disease
- human psychopharmacology
- drug policy
- clinical trials.
Host Country: Australia
Value: $10,000 stipend (for up to three years)
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Eligible Countries: International students
Eligibility Criteria: You must:
- have an unconditional offer of admission for full-time studies in a PhD at the Brain and Mind Centre
- not have completed more than one year of full-time study
- have an honours or master’s degree in medicine, pharmacy or science
- demonstrate an interest in cannabinoid research
- have preclinical or clinical research experience
- be in recipient of a primary stipend scholarship from the University of Sydney.
To submit an expression of interest, please contact Associate Professor Jonathon Arnold (Associate Director of the Lambert Initiative). Please ensure you provide the following documents combined into a single PDF to upload with your application:
- curriculum vitae
- evidence of preclinical or clinical research
- evidence of your RTP Stipend or equivalent scholarship