Application Deadline: August 1, 2018
The Ministry of Higher Education Scientific Research- Kurdistan Regional Government is iniating a new scholarship program “Kurd Scholarships” for studies starting in the 2018-2019 academic year.
Degree Level: Undergraduate Degree Programme
Study Subject: Kurdish language, literature and culture
Duration: The duration of the entire program is five full academic years
Host Universities: The applicant will be hosted in one of the following public universities:
- Salahaddin University – Erbil
- Sulaimani University
- University of Duhok
- Soran University
- Koya University
Value of Scholarship:
The Kurd Scholarship includes the following:
Airport transfer to the host university upon initial arrival. 600 USD monthly stipend toward living costs for the duration of the study period including the foundation year. Free dormitory room in the host university. 1500 USD toward annual flight expenses for citizens of the USA and Australia, 1000 USD for all other citizens. Payment of visa and residential fees. Annual medical insurance of 500 USD for medical treatment in the Kurdistan Region only. Medical insurance does not cover treatment outside the Kurdistan Region. Scholarship recipients may select the insurance company.
Please note: the required study period for the Kurd Scholarship is four academic years. If an applicant does not succeed within the specific period of time, or any period beyond the four years, the applicant will be responsible for his/her study expenses (tuition fees, living cost, annual flight expenses and medical insurance).
Number of Scholarships: 20
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
- The applicant has to have a minimum high school (preparatory) diploma or its equivalent, such as a national baccalaureate.
- A-level or SAT1/SAT2
- For non-native speakers a 4.5 IELTS or its equivalent in an English proficiency exam is required.
- The applicant has to submit two recommendation letters written by authorized officials from his/her academic institution or place of work.
- The applicant has to submit a certified copy of his/her degree and transcript.
How to Apply:
International students can apply by sending their documents to the following email address no later than August 1st 2018: