Application Deadline: August 31, 2018
The faculty of the LogiCS doctoral college is looking for 16 doctoral students, where 30% of the positions are reserved for highly qualified female candidates.
LogiCS – Logical Methods in Computer Science is a joint doctoral program of TU Wien, TU Graz, and JKU Linz, Austria, funded by the Austrian Science Fund (FWF).
Degree Level: PhD
Field: Successful applicants will work on interdisciplinary research topics covering-
- computational logic,
- databases and artificial intelligence,
- computer-aided verification, and
- emerging application domains, such as cyber-physical systems, distributed systems, and security & privacy.
Place of Study: Austria
Number of Scholarships: 16
Eligible Countries: All
The applicants are expected to have completed an excellent master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field.
Candidates with comparable achievements (e.g., bachelor of honors) may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Email your application form, together with all required application documents to email@example.com. The subject must be DKLOGICS. Attach 2 separate PDF files as follows:
form.pdf -Application form (= this document). Important: The PDF form has to be filled out electronically and saved in PDF format. We cannot accept scanned versions – the form will be processed electronically.
documents.pdf -All other required documents in the order stated below. Please merge all these documents (except the application form) into a single PDF file named “documents.pdf”. The file size should not exceed 5 MB.
- Evidence of prior achievement –Degree certificate (Master’s degree or higher) of a post-secondary education institution including course transcript and an explanation of the grading system(s) used in these degree certificates.
- Abstract of diploma / Master’s thesis
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- At least two letters of recommendation At least one of your referees should have a scientific background. If your referees prefer, letters of recommendation may be sent separately to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the applicant’s name.
- Certificate of English language proficiency For details please refer to our website.
- Scan of the applicant’s passport Only the pages containing your personal data and picture.
- Officially certified transcripts of degree certificate(s) Only for non-EU citizens (excl. Swiss nationals).
- Optional: Research proposal