Application Deadline: January 31, 2019
Applications are invited for MSc in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards. The scholarship is funded by University of Pavia and IUSS School of Advanced Studies.
Degree Level: Master degree programme
Study Subject: MSc in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards
Host Institution: University of Pavia
Place of Study: Italy
Number of Scholarships: Four
- 2 Full scholarships of 6’000 Euro/year (corresponding to a contribution for the costs for accommodation and fees, for the entire duration of the MSc programme, i.e. two years);
- 2 Partial scholarships of 3’000 Euro/year (corresponding to a partial contribution to the costs for fees or accommodation, for the entire duration of the MSc programme, i.e. two years).
Eligible Countries: International students
In order to apply, candidates must satisfy any one of the following requirements:
● they are going to enrol in the MSc in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards for the first time for the a.y. 2018/2019
● they have submitted a pre-evaluation request and they have been accepted for enrolment in the MSc programme for the a.y. 2018/2019
● they are graduates or undergraduates from another Italian university who complies with the requirements for direct enrolment as stated in the official call for application, paragraph 4.1 (a final grade greater than 105/110 or an average mark, calculated for all the courses with a mark and weighed with the ECTS, of at least 27/30);
● they submit a pre-evaluation request and at the same time they apply to this call for scholarship. Candidates must confirm their request with the payment to the pre-evaluation expenses and they must submit all the documentation listed in the official MSc call for application published here: http://www.unipv.eu/site/home/matricole2018_magistrale/articolo4291.html
The application must be submitted using the following steps:
a) Open the following webpage: https://studentionline.unipv.it/AddressBook/ABStartProcessoRegAction.do and register; with the username and password obtained after registration, by accessing the Reserved Area (Area Riservata), click on the menu item “Admission” and then click on the item “Evaluation Test” and then SCHOLARSHIPS FOR CIV RISK. Students already registered will only have to log in with the credentials they already have
b) upload the following documentation:
● “Request for evaluation of the academic career- Annex A -” completed and hand signed, which is available at the end of this call
● A photocopy of all relevant sides/pages of the passport (for EU citizens, a photocopy of all sides of an official identity document);
● for candidates enrolled/graduated at Italian universities: self-certification of the BSc degree or current status, with indication of all exams passed and associated SSD, number of ECTS and grades; for applicants enrolled/graduated at foreign universities: a copy of the certificate issued by the foreign university certifying enrolment or graduation from a degree course with the list of exams, credits and respective grades obtained. When the student enrol to the MSc programme in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards, this certification must be submitted to the Student Secretariat with translation into Italian and declaration of equivalent value by the applicant’s local Italian consulate;
● Curriculum vitae (C.V.) containing all necessary information regarding the candidate (education, knowledge of languages and computer software, any work experience, other general information useful to outline the candidate’s suitability). The candidate can freely choose the format to be used for C.V.
● Reference letters (optional, maximum 2)
Students already enrolled or admitted to the MSc in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards who have already uploaded all (or part of) the necessary documents need to just fill the request form for the application to the scholarship stating their study and work experience and upload any additional documentation needed to establish their ranking in the ranking list.