Applications are invited for ‘Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowships for Overseas Studies’. The program aims at financing outstanding students for overseas postgraduate studies. They are expected to contribute significantly to the development of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong) after graduation.
Degree Level: Fellowship
Fields(s): Any discipline
Value: The maximum is HK$300,000 per year. The Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund Council may adjust downward the value by taking into account the actual university fees, necessary living expenses and other award(s) held concurrently by the fellow(s) to finance their overseas studies.
Host Country: Hong Kong
Eligible Countries: Hong Kong
- Applicants must:
- be permanent residents of Hong Kong;
- have received at least seven years of continuous full-time education in Hong Kong;
- fulfill all application procedures and admission requirements at the institution of their choices and be offered places subsequently;
- hold good Honours degrees obtained in Hong Kong or equivalent qualifications OR expect to obtain such degrees or equivalent qualifications; and
- be proficient in English and Chinese, and have a good mastery of the language in which their studies will be undertaken.
- For further details, please refer to the Information Note of the application year.
Language Requirements:Candidates should show off their English and Chinese language proficiency by IELTS or TOFEL test.
Applicants should apply via the ONLINE APPLICATION link below
The study programme should only commence within one year after the formal announcement of the selection result, which would normally take place in around the next April that follows the closing date of application. During the application period, application forms can be downloaded from the Student Finance Office’s (SFO) webpage, or obtained from SFO, or the Trust Funds and Temples Joint Secretariat. Completed forms must be returned to the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund Council Secretariat before the closing date.
Commencement Date: July
Closing Date: September