Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
ERCIM, the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics, manages a postdoctoral programme, the ERCIM “Alain Bensoussan” Fellowship Programme, to foster collaborative work within the European research community.
The ERCIM “Alain Bensoussan” Fellowships are awarded for a period of one year in an ERCIM member institute. During the fellowship stay, the postdoctoral fellows also receive support for research exchange(s) at ERCIM institutes and participation in conferences throughout Europe and the world. An extension of the duration may be possible (up to one year), on request of the hosting organisation.
Degree Level: 12-months posdoctoral fellowship programme
The topics focus on the ERCIM institutes’ scientific fields of competence. List of Subjects- Computer Applications, Computer System Organization, Computing Methodologies, Computing Milieux, Data, Hardware, Information Systems, Data, Hardware, Mathematics, Mathematics of Computing, Software, Theory of Computation and related topics.
The topics focus on the ERCIM institutes’ scientific fields of competence.List of Subjects: Computer Applications, Computer Systems Organization, Computing Methodologies, Computing Milieux, Data, Hardware, Information Systems, Mathematics, Mathematics of Computing, Software, Theory of Computation and other related topics.
Place of Study: Europe
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Duration: 12 months
For working contracts, the fellow is covered by social insurance according to the national regulation of the hosting country.
For stipends the fellow is covered by a personal health insurance provided by Campus France (see http://www.campusfrance.org/), the cost of which is paid by ERCIM-EEIG. The insurance covers medical transportation costs if needed, payment of a lump sum for invalidity or death, personal liability. Female fellows are informed that expenses related to pregnancy can be covered by this insurance under certain limited circumstances. The insurance does not cover the fellow’s family. The fellow will have to conform strictly to the modalities required by Campus France to obtain benefit of this insurance.
Additional allowances, restricted to the fellow only are planned for covering:
- Costs for travelling to and from the host organisation Costs for travelling to and from the host organisation will be reimbursed on the basis of an economic class airplane ticket or first class train ticket. No moving expenses are allocated. The limit is 500 euros per trip (2 trips can be planned).
- Research Exchange Programme Fellows have to spend at least a one-week (5 working days) visit to another ERCIM member institute. ERCIM-EEIG will cover reasonable expenses (including but not limited to: travel, accommodation, meals) up to a maximum amount calculated on the basis of 100 euros per month over the fellowship period.
- Participation in scientific conference(s) The fellow is encouraged to attend and to submit papers to scientific conference(s) during his or her fellowship. ERCIM-EEIG will cover registration costs and travelling expenses up to a maximum sum calculated at a rate of 100 euros per month under the condition that the fellow has an accepted paper at the conference. This additional allowance can also be used for covering processing fees for Open Access journals.
The fellow will receive some more detailed reimbursement guidelines prior to his/her fellowship.
Eligible Countries: All
To be eligible for the fellowship, an applicant must have-
- have obtained a PhD degree during the last 8 years (prior to the application year deadline) or be in the last year of the thesis work with an outstanding academic record. Nevertheless, before starting the grant, a proof of the PhD degree will be requested.
- complete, submit the application form and send via the online system:
- a detailed curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
- two scientific papers in English
- contact details of two referees
Please note that the fellowship is restricted to two terms (one reselection possible).
We encourage not only researchers from academic institutions to apply, but also scientists working in industry.
In order to encourage mobility:
- a member institute will not be eligible to host a candidate of the same nationality.
- a candidate cannot be hosted by a member institute, if by the start of the fellowship, he or she has already been working for this institute (including phd or postdoc studies) for a total of 6 months or more, during the last 3 years.
Application: Apply via online application link below.