Application Deadline: August 28, 2018
A 3-year PhD fellowship is available in the Biomolecular regulation group at the Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
The Biomolecular Group belongs to the Section for Biomolecular Sciences at the Department of Biology. The Department is among the largest departments at the University of Copenhagen. It employs 475 academic and technical staff and hosts research programs and teaching curricula that cover all major biological sub-disciplines. University rankings typically place the field of biology/biochemistry at the University of Copenhagen first in Denmark and among the top 30 universities internationally.
Degree Level: PhD Fellowship
Field: Molecular Microbiology
Duration: 3 years
Place of Study: Denmark
Number of Scholarships: Up to 2
Value: The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 321,054 including annual supplement (+ pension of DKK 54,900 per year). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
Eligible Countries: International students
Candidates must have the following professional and personal qualifications:
- A background focused on the molecular biology of bacteria.
- A strong interest in the research questions addressed by the group.
- Documented laboratory experience within molecular microbiology, especially RNA biology/biochemistry.
- Well-developed collaborative skills.
- Strong motivation to contribute to a working environment that is both productive and pleasant for all members of the group.
Applicants should hold an M.Sc. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biomedicine or Biophysics with very good results, and should have good English skills. In the assessment of qualifications we will emphasize the perceived research potential of the applicant and the relevance of previous research experience.
How To Apply:
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
The application must include the following documents:
- Cover Letter, stating your motivation and background for applying for this specific PhD project.
- Diplomas and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc degrees)
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 2 professional referees