Application Deadline: September 15, 2019
Applications are invited for the “Canon Foundation Research Fellowships”. The Foundation offers Research Fellowships for European and Japanese nationals to carry out research in Europe and Japan.
Canon Foundation is a philanthropic, grant-making institution, active in the promotion of international culture and scientific relations between Europe and Japan.
Degree Level: Research Fellowship
Field: Research can be conducted in all subjects. All fields of research are supported.
Value:The financial support for Research Fellows ranges from 22,500 Euro to 27,500 Euro per year and pro-rata for different periods.
Place of Study: Europe and Japan.
Number of Fellowships : Every year, there are about 15 Research Fellowships for Europeans and Japanese researchers who look for funds to do research in Japan and Europe respectively.
Eligible Countries: All Europeans are eligible to apply (including Israel, Turkey, Balkan and Baltic countries). Europeans should have permanent citizenship in the country.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants should have obtained at least a Master’s degree within the last ten years of applying to the Canon Foundation. We will also consider candidates who obtained their qualification more than ten years ago as long as they provide further supporting information in their application.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level by the university.
Application: Applications should be made through the online application form.
Application Materials: As part of the application procedure, you will be asked to upload the following:
- Your research plan including an estimate of total costs(maximum 1 A4 sheet-2 sides)*
- a confirmation from your host institute that research or work facilities will be made available to you
- 2 reference letters from 2 persons who are in a position to comment on your academic or professional qualifications and on your previous work. The 2 referees can be different to the ones on your CV.
- Your Curriculum Vitae*
- Your highest academic degree or professional qualification obtained*
- 1 passport size photograph of yourself*
- A list of your academic publications or professional achievements in chronological order containing information on all authors, place and year of publication and page references.
For more information, you may visit the official website.