The BEA Inspiring Student Scholarships welcome applications from Hong Kong students who wish to pursue full-time undergraduate degree programme at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
The Scholarship aims to help alleviate the financial burden faced by students with special educational needs* (“SEN”) and their families when the students are pursuing higher education.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong is a public research university in Shatin, Hong Kong formally established in 1963 by a charter granted by the Legislative Council of Hong Kong.
The SEN students should have at least one of the following conditions that affect their ability to learn: Specific learning difficulties, Visual impairment, Intellectual disabilities, Hearing impairment, Autism Speech impairment, Attention deficit / hyperactivity disorders, Visceral disability, Physical disabilities and Mental illness
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019
Degree Level: Undergraduate
Admission Courses: All study areas
Value: BEA Foundation will select up to 10 candidates among participating universities based on a number of factors including financial need, extra-curricular achievements, personal character, potential and academic performance. Each scholarship recipient will receive a one-off grant of HK$20,000
Place of Study: Hong Kong
Nationality: Hong Kong Students
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, the candidates should be:
– be local full-time undergraduate students of any discipline;
– have special educational needs as defined in the Hong Kong Rehabilitation Progamme Plan issued by the Labour and Welfare Bureau of the HKSAR Government and confirmed by a medical professional;
– have demonstrable financial need; and – have outstanding academic achievement at entrance and GPA of at least 2.7 in Term 1, 2019/20 for Year 1 students, or have obtained a Cumulative GPA of at least 2.7 up to Term 1, 2019/20 for Year 2 or above students.
Applicants should download an application form from the website of the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid at http://admission.cuhk.edu.hk/ (Financing Your Studies > Scholarships > Open for Applications).
2. Completed application form together with all requisite documents should be submitted IN PERSON to the Scholarships and Financial Aid Section, Office of Admissions and Financial Aid, Room 1202, 12/F, Yasumoto International Academic Park during office hours (Monday – Friday 8:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. except Public Holidays) on or before 31 January 2020. Late or incomplete applications will NOT be considered. Please refer to Notes for Applicants attached to the application form for the requisite documents to be submitted by the applicants.
3. Should applicants have difficulty in submitting the application to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid in person, please contact Ms. Angel Au (Tel: 3943 7209 / Email: email@example.com) as early as possible AND no later than 31 January 2020.
4. A University Selection Panel will shortlist suitable candidates for further selection by the donor.