Application Deadline: November 12, 2018
The University of Wollongong(UOW) provides Summer Research Scholarships for undergraduate students. The scholarship gives the students an exceptional opportunity to experience what academic research is all about.
Degree Level: Research
Field: Projects are available in the Schools of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Medicine and Earth and Environmental Sciences.
Host Country: Australia
Number of Scholarships: Not given
- An 8 week full time research project commencing 26 November 2018 and finishing 8 February 2019. There will be a three week break over the Christmas period from 15 December to 6 January.
- Free accommodation for the duration of the Scholarship (8 weeks). You will be located in modern, vibrant campus facilities centrally located in the heart of the seaside city of Wollongong.
- Return economy class airfares (or equivalent travel) to a maximum value of $500 plus an optional second airfare home for the Christmas break.
- $300 stipend per week for the duration of the Scholarship (8 weeks).
- Supervision by internationally renowned researchers in high quality research facilities.
- Participation in exciting research projects designed to solve complex, real-world problems. View the. View the 2018-2019 Research Project Listing.
Eligible Countries: Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian Permanent Resident (international students studying in Australia or NZ are not eligible to apply).
All applicants must meet the criteria below:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian Permanent Resident (international students studying in Australia or NZ are not eligible to apply).
- Currently enrolled full-time at an Australian or New Zealand university (UOW students are not eligible to apply).
- Currently studying a relevant undergraduate degree at second year level or higher (first year students are not eligible to apply), or a relevant honours degree, or the first year of an MRes degree (second year MRes students are not eligible to apply).
- Interested in future studies towards honours or higher research degrees.
- Select 2 research projects in order of preference from the 2018-2019 Research Project Listing.
- Complete the online application form.
- Attach your CV.
- Attach your current academic transcript