Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
University of Essex is offering postgraduate scholarship programme to international students from African nations.
The University of Essex, established in 1963, is a public research university in Essex, England. Essex is in the top 50 for the social sciences and law in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018 by subject .
Programme: Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees. The Essex MBA is excluded
Place of Study: UK
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Value: £4000 ( paid as a discount on your tuition fee)
Eligible Countries: African countries
- These scholarships are restricted to applicants who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded. They are not available to students who are fully or partly sponsored.
- Applicants must be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union) and ordinarily resident in an African nation.
- These scholarships may be awarded to students who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries, and who are nationals of an African nation and ordinarily resident in an African nation.
- Graduates of the University of Essex are not eligible for this award.
- Students must have been awarded a first degree with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade.
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees. The Essex MBA is excluded.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot normally be held in conjunction with other University of Essex awards (including the Alumni Discount).
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study only.
- These scholarships do not apply to deferred entry. Where a student, to whom a scholarship has been offered, requests deferred entry, the award will be considered again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry.
How To Apply:
If you meet all the eligibility criteria and firmly accept the offer of your place by 30 September 2018 then you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. All our relevant course applications, received by the given deadline, will automatically be considered for this scholarship and a fee discount applied to all who meet our grade requirements. You’ll be notified of your award at the point when your place at Essex is confirmed, and by the end of October 2018. You don’t need to complete an application form.
We’ll assess your eligibility based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.