The Kotzen Undergraduate Scholars Program is awarded to international students for the duration of a four-year period of full-time study. The scholarship is provided by Simmons University.
Simmons University is a private women focused undergraduate university and private co-educational graduate school in Boston, Massachusetts. The university was established in 1999 and known as Simmons College until 2018.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
Degree Level: Undergraduate
Field: Any of Subjects offered by the institution
Benefits: The Kotzen Scholarship provides full tuition, room & board, plus an additional $3,000 for academic pursuits such as study abroad, research support, and more. This scholarship is awarded for the duration of a four-year period of full-time undergraduate study, and supersedes any previously awarded merit scholarship.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Apply as a freshman for the fall semester
- Standardized test score of 28 or higher (ACT), 1300 or higher (new SAT) or 1250 or higher (old SAT – CR+M). Minimum of 600 in each SAT section strongly recommended.
- Non-native English speakers must submit TOEFL and SAT or ACT scores
- GPA of 3.3 or higher, unweighted
- College preparatory curriculum including an advanced level math course during, or prior to, your senior year of high school
- A record of taking honors, advanced placement (AP) and international baccalaureate (IB) courses, as available in their high school systems
The application consists of a short answer and a formal essay in response to the prompts below. Students should submit their essays in PDF or Word Doc via our online form, or email directly with the subject line “Kotzen Application,” by December 1. Each page of the document should include the student’s full name and date of birth.