The Department of Industrial Systems Engineering and Product Design at Ghent University (Campus Kortrijk) invites applications for a full-time 4-year position as a doctoral researcher. The PhD position is available in the field of engineering design / industrial / product design at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture. The research will lead to the title of Doctor of Industrial Design Engineering Technology.
Ghent University, established in 1817, is a public research university located in Ghent, Belgium.
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Degree Level: PhD
Field: The PhD position is available in the field of engineering design / industrial / product design at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
Duration: 4 years
Mode of Study: Full-Time
Institution: Ghent University
Host Country: Belgium
Nationality: International students
- An MSc degree in Engineering Design, Industrial/Product Design, Engineering Technology, or equivalent (and have obtained their degree before 1 October 2019)
- Very good knowledge of design thinking; design research
- Good research skills in both quantitative and qualitative research methods and good knowledge of statistical software
- Interest in design education and problem-based learning, and open to deepen knowledge in technology-enhanced learning
- Experience in education, or degree in educational sciences is an asset
- Excellent level of English, both oral and written (e.g., TOEFL / IELTS grades)
- Self-motivating, creative, critical and analytical mindset; capable of working in groups and participate in learning projects; capacity for autonomous, structured and in-depth research.
Application Procedure:Candidates are invited to submit their application (in English) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2019.
Application Materials:The attachment should contain:
- Cover letter outlining your background, experience and motivation for this position (max. 1 page);
- CV (max 2 pages) including short bio and contact information of two academic supervisors that may be requested to send a reference, if shortlisted for an interview;
- Transcript of records of the BSc, MSc, or equivalent;
- One design work that showcases design thinking (with written explanations) (link to personal website if applicable);
- One written piece of work (e.g. BA-thesis, MA-thesis, a paper/manuscript submitted for a publication) preferably most relevant to the research proposal