UK, EU, and Overseas students are now eligible to apply to apply for The First 500 Scholarship via University of Kent. The First 500 Scholarship aims to assist those whose full potential has yet to develop or whose talents are not recognised by current assessment methods. The scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate degree programme at the University of Kent.
Dead line: October 31, 2019
Degree Level: Undergraduate
Fields(s): Any field
Value: £ 2000
Institution: University of Kent
Mode of Study: Part-time/Full-time
Host Country: United Kingdom
Nationality: UK, EU, and Overseas students are eligible to apply
Eligible Countries: Home, EU, and Overseas students are eligible to apply
Eligible Criteria:To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Have attained AAB from three A Levels or equivalent (i.e. 340 points or higher)
- Be entering Stage 1 of their undergraduate degree in September 2019
- Have made their application to the University of Kent via UCAS
- Have made a firm acceptance to study at Kent by 31 August 2019.
Language Requirements: English
1. Meet the criteria as shown above.
2. Write an essay of 750-1,000 words on the following:
“When the first students arrived at the new University of Kent at Canterbury (as the University was then known) in 1965, there were no societies, no sports clubs, and no student representation. In 2018, 20,000 students enjoy 67 sports clubs, 189 societies, and there are over 400 student representatives.
Kent’s first students had the opportunity – and the responsibility – to start all of these from scratch. If we were opening a new university in 2019 and you were in that first student intake, what would you start and why?”
3. Save the essay as a Word document. At the top of the document, please include:
- The essay title
- Your full name
- Your University of Kent identification number
And email the document to First500@kent.ac.uk