In partnership with the Western Australian Cricket Association (WACA), Murdoch University is proud to offer eligible male and female students from India, Sri Lanka and the West Indies the opportunity to study at Murdoch, while gaining exclusive access to a range of WACA and West Australian cricketing services and amenities.
Application Deadline: May 24, 2019
Degree Level: Bachelor
Field(s): Any of the subjects offered by the institution
Host Country: Australia
Value: $11,000 for Business and Governance eligible degree courses and Bachelor of Nursing.
$8,000 for all other eligible courses
Number of Scholarships: Ten
Eligible Countries: International students
In order to be eligible for consideration, a candidate must be:
• a high level player of a cricket and current member of an international cricket club or association;
• an international, full fee paying student;
• commencing studies at one of Murdoch’s Western Australia campuses in 2019;
• commencing studies in an eligible coursework program;
• a citizens from one of the following countries or regions: India, Sri Lanka and the West Indies*;
• have an unconditional letter of offer from Murdoch University to enrol in a Murdoch University course, and satisfy all entry conditions for that course;
• successfully granted an Australian visa with study right by the Department of Home Affairs; and
• able to provide two references from their home cricket club or association demonstrating high level cricket accomplishments and aspirations
• All undergraduate degrees available to international students and delivered at one of Murdoch’s Western Australian campuses.
• All Honour degrees available to international students and delivered at one of Murdoch’s Western Australian campuses.
• All Graduate Diploma and Master by coursework degrees available to international students and delivered at one of Murdoch’s Western Australian campuses.
• Graduate Certificate degrees that have been packaged with a Murdoch Master by Coursework degree.
Submission of the following documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline:
1. Completed International Cricket Scholarship Application Form
2. A copy of an eligible unconditional Letter of Offer from Murdoch University to the applicant
3. Personal Statement – 2 page limit
This should be a brief summary of the applicant’s life, education and employment (if relevant); personal and career goals; particular hobbies and interests, and what being a recipient of a Murdoch International Cricket Scholarship would mean personally.
4. Two references regarding the applicant’s participation in cricket – 1 page limit for each;
Each reference must identify the name, title, club or school and contact number of the referee at the top of the page. The referee must comment on his or her personal knowledge of the applicant’s cricketing skills and accomplishments.