Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides the opportunity for early career scientists, engineers and scholars from Singapore and around the world to conduct independent investigations in any discipline at NTU, often regarded as the most research intensive university in Asia.
The postdoc appointment is intended to provide a pathway to an academic appointment as an assistant professor or another international postdoctoral assignment.
Degree Level: Postdoctoral Fellowship
Fields: Engineering, Science, Business, Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
Host Country: Singapore
Value: The Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides: For first year at NTU Singapore:
- A one-year research grant of up to SGD$100,000
- An annual salary of up to SGD$80,000
- Relocation allowance and generous housing grant for entire duration of Fellowship
- Opportunity to work with alongside leaders in science and engineering in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data analytics, software and security, mobility and autonomy at Nanyang Technological University and leading WASP research partner institutions in Sweden
- Generous personal development opportunities and mentorship in an established research group
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
For the second year in Sweden with a WASP research group:
- An annual support package including salary, senior supervision, travel, and other occurring costs, according to the WASP standard support for postdocs in Sweden.
- Opportunity to work alongside academic leaders in science and engineering at WASP research partner institutions in Sweden.
- Access to the infrastructure in the WASP funded research arenas.
- Opportunity to interact with the WASP graduate students and the WASP graduate school.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Eligible Countries: International Students
- Commitment to a one-year research stint respectively at Nanyang Technological University followed by a further year at a WASP partner institution in Sweden
- Graduated with a PhD degree and no more than 5 years of full time postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- Applicant is required to submit thoughtful and realistic research proposal in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data analytics, software and security, mobility and autonomy
- Be available to take up the position no later than 1 June 2019
Applications for the Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 are now open and shall close on 31 May 2019.
For more information on WASP, please visit http://wasp-sweden.org/
All applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
1. Cover Letter
2. Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
3. Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (PhD’s degree)
4. Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages)
5. Contact information of two referees (one must be your PhD Supervisor)
6. Top 3 publications (in PDF)and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)