Application Deadline: November 1, 2018
The Victoria University of Wellington provides doctoral scholarships for New Zealand and international students.These Scholarships are intended to encourage and support doctoral study (PhD) at Victoria University of Wellington.
Degree Level: PhD
Field: Any discipline
Host Country: New Zealand
Value: $23,500 stipend annually + tuition fees
Number of Scholarships: 35 each round
Eligible Countries: New Zealand and international students
The Scholarships are open to graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand who intend to enroll full time for a Doctorate (PhD) at Victoria University or who have commenced their doctoral study at Victoria University.
Please note:It is very important to refer to website for regulations and further process requirements regarding application for this scholarship.
English Language Requirements:
Victoria’s English language requirements are not negotiable.
If your first language is not English, you must provide evidence of your English proficiency before you will be accepted as a PhD candidate. Minimum requirements are:
- TOEFL 90 points on the internet-based test with a minimum of 20 in writing, or
- IELTS overall band of 6.5, no sub-score below 6, or
- a minimum of two ratings of 5 and two ratings of 4 in the Victoria University English Proficiency Programmetest,
All applicants will need to provide:
- a 2000-word sample of your academic writing in English
- certified copies of your academic transcript/s and degree certificates
- a certified copy of your Diploma Supplement (applicants from EU countries only).
International students must provide:
- evidence of English language proficiency
- translations of official documents (certified by an accredited translator).
You may also wish to provide additional information regarding your English proficiency in the relevant section of the online application.