Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation has generously provided SOAS with two PhD scholarships per year for African students undertaking a full‐time PhD programme in the field of Governance for Development in Africa.
The Centre of African Studies & SOAS in partnership with the Mo Ibrahim foundation initiates the scholarship programme which will take place at the University of London, UK.
Degree Level: PhD research programme (full-time)
The eligible PhD are only those within the following departments:
- Development Studies
- International Relations/Politics
- CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
- DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
- Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
Host Country: UK
The scholarship provides for fees for three years and an annual bursary of £16.000 per year. The scholarship also covers visa costs, HIS and TB (if undertaken), provided receipts are submitted to the Centre of African Studies office.
Number of Scholarships: Two
Eligible Countries: African students
Applicants must be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub‐Saharan Africa.
Please provide the following documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- complete application form (see pdf attached on the right side of this page)
- a copy of the unconditional offer received from SOAS admissions office
- CV (please include your email address)
- 2 pages max statement outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
- Your research proposal (as sent to the SOAS Admissions Office)