Application Deadline: November 2, 2018
Start Date: February 25, 2019
Griffith University is inviting high-achieving students for its Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship.
Grififth University, formally founded in 1971, is a public research university in South East Queensland on the east cost of Australia. The University has over 44,000 students and offers a full suite of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees.
Degree Level: Bachelor Degree
Field: Medical Science
Host Country: Australia
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Value : $10,000 in total (two payments of $5,000 in first year of the program).
Eligible Countries: Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the University, for entry into the Bachelor of Medical Science by the scholarship closing date.
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University’s entry requirements.
- Be commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in the Bachelor of Medical Science degree in Trimester 1 2019 at Griffith University.
Terms and Conditions:
- Griffith University entry requirements apply.
- Scholarship applies to Bachelor of Medical Science tuition fees only.
- Scholarship is valued at $10,000 in total and is for tuition fees only. Two deductions of $5,000 will be applied in the first trimester and second trimester of the program. It will be applied by the Griffith University census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
- Students must remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made, which is stated on the Letter of Offer issued from Griffith International Admissions.
- Students must be enrolled full-time to receive the tuition fee reduction.
- Should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all courses in each trimester of studies and successfully progress on to enroll in the next trimester.
- Scholarship numbers are limited. When the limit for scholarship acceptances has been reached, the Griffith International Scholarship office will advise applicants that all available scholarships have been awarded and the scholarships are withdrawn.
- Deferral of scholarships is not permitted.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
Applicants must provide and will be assessed by a University panel on:
- A completed scholarship application form by the published closing date.
- A certified/attested true copy of academic transcripts and supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit.
- Assessment of a Personal Statement addressing the three questions listed below for applicants to outline their merit for the scholarship.
- Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your knowledge of the profession of medicine and the broader role of medicine in the health care system.
- Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your leadership and team work skills. Please also indicate your career plans for the future.
- Outline any challenges you have faced in your education and in what way you have sought to overcome these challenges.