Application Deadline: September 1, 2018
Manchester Metropolitan University is delighted to offer on Scholarship for £1,000 for the full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism for September 2018 entry.
Degree Level: Master degree programme
Field: Full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism, in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Host Country: UK
Number of Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: UK, EU and International students
- Candidates must apply to, and receive an offer of a place on, the full-time MA Multimedia Journalism degree for September 2018 entry before applying for the Scholarship.
- Candidates must demonstrate their interest in championing and advocating BME community issues through volunteering, employment, academic study and/or in writing.
- The Scholarship is available to candidates for the full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism programme only.
- The Scholarship is available to self-funded candidates only.
- The Scholarship is available to candidates of any nationality from the UK, EU and overseas.
- The Al-Habeeb Scholarship may not be added to other University bursaries or scholarships, such as the Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships.
To apply for the Al-Habeeb Scholarship, you must meet the eligibility criteria above and:
- Apply to, and receive an offer of a place on, the full-time MA Multimedia Journalism degree programme at Manchester Metropolitan University for September 2018 entry.
- Download and complete the Al-Habeeb Scholarship Application Form and read the terms and conditions (on the final page of the form).
The Al-Habeeb Scholarship Application Form asks the applicant to write a personal statement of approximately 1000 words, which should cover the following four areas:
(a) demonstrate an interest in writing and/or debating about BME issues (giving specific examples of academic/writing experience where/if possible);
(b) provide examples of how to tackle stereotypes and myths about BME communities through journalism;
(c) suggest ways to improve communications between BME communities and host communities;
(d) describe how an applicant would be an advocate and champion for BME community issues during their studies and after completing the programme.
The answers to the four sections will be allocated points and used by the Al-Habeeb Scholarship Awarding Panel to select the Scholarship recipient.
3. Send your application form and CV to: