Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
DAAD is inviting foreign postgraduate students for its Scholarship programme.The scholarships also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
The DAAD is a Joint organization of German institutions of higher education. The aim of the organization is to promote co-operation world-wide, especially through the exchange of students, scholars, academics, and scientists.
Degree Level: Master degree programme
Place of Study: Germany
Number of Scholarships: Not given
- A monthly payment of 850 euros
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
Eligible Countries: Foreign students
Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the areas of Architecture, Interior Design, Monument Conservation, Urban Planning/Urban Development, Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. You are also required to send additional documents by post to the specified application address.
Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. DAAD’s Head Office in Bonn will only request certified copies of the submitted documents in paper form if a grant is awarded!
1. Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
Master’s degree programme/postgraduate study programme leading to a final qualification:
- Form “Information about your preferred master programmes”
- If available, letter of acceptance from the host university.
If you do not have a letter of acceptance at the time of application, you must apply to the university for this in good time and subsequently submit the confirmation letter before the scholarship-supported study programme begins. Please note that you yourself are responsible for ensuring that you apply for admission at the host university by the due date and that a Scholarship Award Letter from the DAAD only becomes valid if you are admitted to your chosen host university.
Complementary studies not leading to a final qualification:
- Confirmation of supervision from a German university teacher
Also for all applicants:
- All university certificates on all annual examinations with individual grade(s), incl. explanation of the grading system.
- German or English translations of all documents submitted in the national language.
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if studies have not been completed at the time of application.
- A list of all submitted designs/plans (see: www.daad.de/extrainfo) with detailed information (size, date of creation, place, etc.)
- A declaration (form) that the designs/plans have been produced or created by the applicant or the names of those persons involved in producing collaborative designs or plans. In the case of collaborative work or projects, the applicant’s own contribution must be marked as such or appropriately described.
- Proof of German language proficiency according to the European Framework of References for Languages or the Test-DaF for study programmes in German.
- Proof of English language proficiency according to the requirements of the chosen study programme in English (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS).
- The language certificate should be no more than two years old.
- Other documents you think might be of relevance to your application (e.g. certificates of employment, proof of placements).
Please do not upload any work samples and/or portfolios to the DAAD portal!
2. To be submitted by post:
- A portfolio of work samples (for formal requirements, read: “Additional Information for DAAD Study Scholarships in the Field of Architecture” at: www.daad.de/extrainfo). Please do not upload any work samples and/or portfolios to the DAAD portal!
- the printed “Cover sheet to application” of the “Application summary” which is generated in the portal in PDF format after the online application has been completed;
- one recent reference from a university teacher providing information about your qualifications (hand-signed, no digital or scanned signature); please enclose the reference with your postal application in a sealed envelope. Please regard the instructions given on the tab “Submitting an application“.
All application documents listed under 1. and 2. must be submitted in German or English. Documents in other languages must be translated.