Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
City, University of London is inviting International and Eu students for its “Undergraduate Global Leaders Scholarships”. The Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and applicants’ personal statements.
Available for the first year only, this scholarship is for students who have completed home country’s equivalent to ‘A’ Levels (for example French Baccalaureate, Italian Maturita or US High School Diploma) and meet the other eligibility requirements. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and applicants’ personal statements.
Degree Level: Undergraduate
Field: Any of the Courses available at the University
Place of Study: UK
Number of Scholarships: 50
Value: The scholarship is worth £1,000 and there will be a minimum of 50 scholarships available in 2018. The scholarship is payable in year one of the course and cash payments will be made in February 2019.
Eligible Countries: Eu and International Students
To be eligible for a Global Leaders Scholarship, you must:
- Be an EU or international student with your home country’s equivalent to ‘A’ levels (for example French Baccalaureate, Italian Maturita or US High School Diploma)
- International students undertaking a recognised international foundation programme
- Be applying for your first year of undergraduate study in 2018/19
- Achieve the grades set out in the terms of your offer from City
Please note: This scholarship is not eligible to International (non UK/EU) students with overseas fee status from Cass Business School. These students from Cass are encouraged to apply via the Scholarship pages for the Cass Business School International Scholarship.
Terms and Conditions:
The following terms and conditions are relating to 2018 entry only.
- The Scholarship is available to undergraduate students assessed as ‘EU’ or ‘International’ by City, University of London who meet the eligibility requirements and terms and conditions.
- The Scholarship is open to students who have further education qualifications from the education system of their home country. This includes international students undertaking a recognised international foundation programme. Students with ‘A’ Levels or International Baccalaureate are not eligible.
- Students must be registered full-time at City on 1st December 2018 to be eligible to receive the scholarship.
- Students must be commencing the first year of their degree as a new student, i.e. those commencing in Year 2 or 3 will not be eligible.
- Students whose fees are reassessed after the start of their degree or who restart their degree will not be eligible.
- Students are required to apply for the scholarship by 30th September 2018. Students who do not complete the scholarship application process by this deadline will not be eligible.
- If students have been offered a scholarship and do not meet the terms of their offer, but do still secure a place and enrol at City, the awarding of the scholarship is at the discretion of City. Where further consideration is required, cases will be referred to the Scholarships and Bursaries committee, whose decision is final.
- All qualifications are subject to confirmation by 15th November 2018.
- Students may be requested to provide additional information in order to confirm their eligibility for a Scholarship. Any additional information requested must be provided to City, University of London by 15th November 2018 in order for a student to be considered for a scholarship.
- Students who withdraw from City before completion of the year will be liable to repay the Scholarship to City.
- Applications will be assessed by the University Admissions Office and all decisions of the Group are final.
- City, University of London reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions of the Scholarship and these will appear on our website.
- If, after applying for one of the scholarships, your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible for that scholarship, you may be considered for one of the other available awards at the discretion of City.
- This scholarship is not eligible to International (non UK/EU) students with overseas fee status from Cass Business School.
- Students who are successful in their application to this scheme are not eligible to receive funding from any of our other scholarships.
How To Apply:
Eligible applicants will be contacted directly with an invitation to register for the scholarship. If you believe you should have received an email or have deleted or lost your email invitation, please contact email@example.com.
To be considered for the scholarship for 2018 entry, you must register by no later than 30th September 2018. As part of the application, you must provide a short personal statement of no more than 200 words that describes how an education at City, University of London will help you to develop into a global leader of the future. Applications will be assessed by members of the University Admissions Office on the basis of academic merit and the quality of applicants’ personal statements. Shortlisted applicants may be required to provide further information.
You will be sent an email in January 2019 confirming your award and asking for your bank account details. You must confirm your bank account details to City by 31st January 2019 to enable your payment to be processed in February.