Application Deadline: September 15, 2018
ISTplus is open to qualified applicants from all over the world who are interested in spending the postdoctoral stage of their scientific research career at the Institute of Science and Technology(IST),Austria. The program is intended for postdocs interested in the areas that are represented by the faculty at IST Austria.
Degree Level: Postdoctoral programme
Study Subject: The program is intended for postdocs interested in the areas that are represented by the faculty at IST Austria.
The programme offers fellowships to highly qualified applicants with the following qualities:
- Open, bottom-up international recruiting process
- Truly interdisciplinary research options
- Targeted Competence Building programme
- Seconded scheme with an international network of partners
Place of Study: Austria
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Duration: 2 years
ISTplus fellows receive 2-year, full time employment contracts with an internationally competitive salary and full social security coverage. In addition to this salary, every ISTPlus fellow will receive at the beginning of their fellowship a single paid relocation allowance amounting to EUR 2.000. Furthermore, a single additional allowance of EUR 1.000 is paid to researchers with families.
- Research Environment
The ISTplus program offers a stimulating and interdisciplinary environment. Research group leaders are at the forefront of their respective fields and have been decorated with many awards and grants for their scientific achievements, among them more than 30 ERC grants. Labs are equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation and Scientific Service Units offer facilities and know-how on an international level.
- Beyond academia
IST Austria established a network of partners from non-academic institutions in industry and the public sector. Opportunities for paid “intersectoral” internships are part of the ISTPlus program. For information on organizations that have already declared an interest in working with ISTplus postdocs please visit our external partners page.
- Career Development
Workshops related to career development and transferable skills are available to ISTplus fellows. Career counseling is also available to ISTplus postdocs.
- Family Services
IST Austria has an onsite daycare. Reserving a spot in the daycare is subject to availability.
Depending upon availability, a room in the on-campus guesthouse or apartments can be rented, giving incoming postdocs time to find more permanent accommodation.
Eligible Countries: All
- Applicants must fulfill the Marie Curie mobility requirements in order to be selected. Applicants must either be relocating to Austria or, if they currently live in Austria or have previously lived in Austria, candidates are only eligible if they have been in Austria for a total of less than 12 months during the 3 years previous to the deadline of the respective Call.
- Before issuing of a contract of employment by IST Austria, successful applicants may be required to provide official evidence of their eligibility (e.g. work contracts, utility bills, visa stamps, etc.)
- You must have formally completed all requirements of your PhD and provide a copy of your diploma prior to the start of your employment (which cannot be later than 5 months after the fellowship offer is issued).
- Your proposed research must match with the research carried out on campus. See here the list of applicable research groups.
- Postdocs who are already employed at IST Austria are not eligible to apply.
- All applications must include the ethics self-assessment form to be considered eligible.
- For additional requirements related specifically to the applications requirements please carefully review the Guide for Applicants.
Language Requirement: The official language of the institute is English. In order to help fellows integrate in the host country, IST offers German-language courses on campus.
How To Apply:
- All applications must be submitted using IST Austria’s online application tool.
- Before applying please carefully review the Guide for Applicants as well as the FAQs.
- The ethics self-assessment form is available here. All applications must include this form and it must be fully completed.