Application Deadline: August 31, 2018
The University of Louvain in Belgium opens a call for applications for one-year postdoctoral fellowships for researchers who are displaced or threatened and look for a temporary position to continue academic activities.
Degree Level: Postdoctoral Fellowship
Fields of Study: Any field
The fellowship includes:
- A net monthly allowance, taking into account the experience of the fellow (average in 2016 with 2 years of working experience: EUR/month 2,311.36);
- The personal liability insurance costs;
- The contribution to the National Office of Social Security (NOSS);
- Travel allowance: this amount will be calculated taking into account the country of origin of the candidate (depending on the country, it could range from EUR/year 250 to EUR/year 2,000).
Place of Study: Belgium
Number of Fellowships : Not Specified
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Displaced or threatened researchers from any academic field, who
- come from a developing country ;
- are experienced researchers holding a doctoral degree (PhD) or having at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience;
- possess the language skills required to successfully conduct their research project.
The starting date of the fellowship can be adapted according to the successful candidate’s specific circumstances.
How to Apply:
The application must contain the following documents (in PDF format):
1. The letter of support of the sponsor of the University of Louvain stating:
- The envisaged academic collaborations with the applicant at the University of Louvain
- Measures that will be taken to integrate the applicant in the host entity
2. A short curriculum vitae of the applicant that includes the current or last affiliation
3. A maximum two-page description of the proposed academic activities to be conducted during the one-year fellowship
4. The applicant’s letter of motivation explaining
- The extent to which she or he qualifies as a displaced or threatened researcher
- The added-value for a fellowship at the University of Louvain
Submissions that do not fulfill the conditions mentioned in this call or do not contain the necessary appropriate documents will not be considered.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com no later than August 31, 2018.