Application Deadline: September 18 , 2018
Stanford Africa MBA Fellowships are available to citizens of African countries who need financial support to obtain an MBA at Stanford.
Degree Level: MBA (Stanford Graduate School of Business)
Field of Study: Business Administration
Value of Fellowship: The Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Programme Pays for tuition and associated fees (approximately US$170,000) for citizens of African countries with financial need who wish to obtain an MBA at Stanford.
Number of Awards : Not Known
Eligible Countries: Citizens of African Countries
Place of Study: USA
You must demonstrate strong ties to Africa, including the following:
- You must be a citizen of an African country. Dual citizens are eligible for the fellowship as long as you hold citizenship in an African nation. Residents of an African country who do not have citizenship in an African country are ineligible.
- You must have completed, or be in the final year of completing, your university studies. If you studied at an undergraduate or graduate institution in Africa, we especially encourage you to consider applying for the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program. African citizens who studied in countries outside of Africa are also eligible for the fellowship.
- Commitment to developing Africa: In addition to being citizen of an African nation (including dual citizens), you must show commitment to developing Africa. This includes returning to work in Africa within two years of graduation, for a period of at least two years.
- Demonstrated financial need is preferred, as assessed through the Stanford GSB financial aid process.
- Merit, determined by the three criteria used to consider candidates: intellectual vitality, demonstrated leadership potential, and personal qualities and contributions that will add to the class. To learn more about the requirements and qualities we seek in candidates in the Admission section of our website.
To be considered for the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship, you must apply to the Stanford MBA Program in either Round 1 or Round 2. We cannot consider you for the fellowship in Round 3. If you have already been admitted to the GSB and have deferred enrollment, you must apply to the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship the year prior to your enrollment. Learn more about fellowships and deferred enrollment.
In the MBA application, you will indicate that you are applying for the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship; doing so will trigger a prompt for an additional essay (listed below). You must submit the essay with your complete MBA Program application by the appropriate application deadline. Suggested essay length is 250 words. Follow the formatting requirements as outlined in the Essay Instructions.
The fee to apply to the Stanford MBA Program is US$275. Please note that the application fee will be waived for applicants who are making a salary that is equal to or less than US$20,000. Once you apply, you will receive more information about the currency conversion rate and how this is calculated.
- Tell us about your strong ties and commitment to Africa, including how you plan to make an impact (250 words).