Application Deadline: July 30, 2018
The International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship is offered to international students from selected countries who can demonstrate a high level of academic achievement in their previous studies. All applicants from selected countries who meet the higher entry level eligibility criteria are automatically eligible for this scholarship. The scholarship offers a 20% (percent) reduction in your tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU. The scholarships are open to prospective international students seeking to study at Edith Cowan University a bachelor degree or a study abroad semester.
Applications are invited for the Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) by the Malaysian Government.
The scholarship is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Degree Level: Undergraduate degree programme
Fields of Study: Any of the courses offered by the institution.
Value : The scholarship offers a 20% (percent) reduction in your tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU
Place of Study: Australia
Number of Scholarships : Not Specified
- Applicants must be international students who apply for, and receive an offer, or a conditional offer, to commence study at ECU in 2019, 2020 or 2021.
- ECU strives to give high achieving students around the world the opportunity to pursue their ambitions and gain a world-class education. High achieving students from Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe are eligible for International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- meet a high level of academic achievement in your previous studies (as determined by ECU);
- be commencing study at ECU in 2019, 2020 or 2021;
- meet ECU’s academic direct admission requirements for the course of your choice;
- not be in receipt of another scholarship or sponsorship;
- be an International student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- intend to study an undergraduate degree or a study abroad semester at the undergraduate level; and
- intend to study at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury).
Terms and Conditions:
To receive this scholarship the following ongoing conditions apply.
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
- The scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment of 60 credit points each semester or study period, unless otherwise approved by ECU.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship funds can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
- The scholarship cannot be retained if a recipient defers their studies for more than one semester.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship recipient must consent to their image being used by ECU for marketing and communication purposes and sign a talent release form to facilitate this.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so will negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of ECU. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU.
How to Apply:
If we approve your ECU course application you’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship by our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can also apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.
Please note that if you’re a citizen of India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh or Nigeria you must apply though an ECU Authorised Agent.
How to accept this scholarship
To accept your scholarship, you must:
- meet any conditions listed in your Letter of Offer;
- have met the admission requirements for your chosen course;
- accept your Letter of Offer by following the instructions provided;
- pay the indicative deposit and Overseas Student Health Cover requested in your Letter of Offer; and
- be aware of the dates and deadlines for completing any requirements in the Letter of Offer.
The scholarship can be revoked if the dates and deadlines are not met.