Application Deadline: August 28, 2018
The call for Imperial College Research Fellowships starting in 2019 is now open. Imperial’s prestigious Imperial College Research Fellowships sustain the brightest and best early career researchers from across the world, providing a level of commitment and support in rare from a UK university.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral research.
Field: Any of the subjects offered by the institution.
- a competitive salary
- research and travel expenses of up to £45,000
- personal mentoring support from a senior Imperial academic
- focused careers support, training courses, and development opportunities from the College’s Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre
- the chance to take full responsibility for setting and directing your own research agenda
This support gives you the freedom to focus on your research and career trajectory, with no obligatory teaching or administration.
Place of Study: UK
Number of Fellowships : Not known
Eligible Countries: There are no restrictions on nationality
- There are no restrictions on nationality; however you will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK before commencing any fellowship offered
- Applicants should have a PhD and will normally have no more than four years postdoctoral research experience in an academic environment (calculated from the PhD viva to the application deadline). Exceptions to this can include discipline hopping, where there must still be less than four years post-doctoral research experience in the discipline of the proposed fellowship; career breaks and career changes, where time spent out of the academic research environment will not be counted in the four years
- In exceptional cases, applicants applying to the Faculty of Engineering and Imperial College Business School are permitted to apply before the submission of the PhD but any offer of funding will be dependent on the PhD being awarded before the start of the fellowship
- For applications to the Faculties of Natural Sciences and Medicine, a PhD must have been submitted before an application is made and the PhD must be awarded before the start of the fellowship
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level by the university.
- Applicants should complete and submit an online application form via the College’s careers website. The deadline for submission is 23:59 (GMT) Tuesday 28 August 2018
- The application form has six sections
- Applicants must complete Sections 1-2, and 5-6, which covers personal details, funding request, research proposal and CV
- The agreed Imperial sponsor must complete Section 3. If there is more than one sponsor from Imperial, each sponsor is required to complete Section 3
- Any sponsor from the Francis Crick Institute is required to complete Section 4
- Any sponsor from AstraZeneca is required to complete a sponsor form. The candidate must then upload this with the application form as an ‘other attachment’. Please contact Dr Vjera Magdalenic-Moussavi for further information
- Please provide answers in English within the text boxes, keep within the dedicated margins, and do not exceed the word limit and page restrictions as indicated on the form
- Please refer to monetary values in £ pounds sterling
- Please complete the form using Arial 11pt
- Applications without the required signatures will not be accepted. Signatures must be either original or electronic. Signatures that are a typed named only are not sufficient
- Once sections have been filled, the application should be reviewed and signed by the HoD as confirmation that the Department is willing to host the fellow, should the application be successful
For more information, you may visit the official website.